- Who We Are
O'Neill Management Consulting, LLC, founded in 2005, is a specialty consulting firm dedicated to providing focused management consulting services to the utility industry.
- What We Do
We work with clients to enhance their capabilities and bring them to the 'next level' of measured performance through a combination of analysis, insight, and communication.
- Our Value Proposition
Our services add value to our clients' own efforts in three key ways:
Questions for you
- Best Practices - Because we have worked with and maintain our relationships with functional leaders in over thirty companies in the utility sector, we are able to bring valuable insight to key issues, either immediately from our deep expertise, or quickly through focused informal surveys. In this way we supplement the knowledge of the client team with insight from what has worked well - and not so well - elsewhere in the industry.
- Bang Per Buck - One of the best targets for performance improvement is often cost-effectiveness, i.e., achieving better functional performance, e.g., reliability, for the same or lower cost. We do this through a proven approach to 'sharpening the pencil' in which we analyze and realistically model what activities truly drive the business case, and then optimize for best performance and/or least cost. Our clients know that we do this well, working with their people to break through to the 'next level' more quickly and more assuredly than if they worked alone.
- Effective Communication - Often, what prevents breakthrough performance improvement is unclear communication between all the players, sometimes because they are from different disciplines, like engineering, finance, or information systems, and sometimes because they are from different organizational groups, like line versus staff, transmission versus distribution or generation, etc. Because we are independent, and because we are intentionally multi-disciplinary, we are able to help bridge the communication gap by 'translating' between groups and facilitating understanding and consensus about the key issues. Through effective presentations and/or documents, depending on the situation, we use clarity of insight and analysis to make technically complex issues more understandable and key decisions more actionable.
- Is there an area of performance in which you would like to see measured improvement in the near term?
- Does your team have everything they need to accomplish this for you, and have they done it before?
- Could they do it more quickly and surely if they had the kind of deep, effective expertise described in our Value Proposition?
- To ensure their success, would you be willing to add to the team a small fraction of the resources involved? Depending on the need, it could be just one additional person, perhaps even in a part-time advisory role.
If you have worked with us before, you know what we can do. If not, ask about us in the industry, check out our papers in this website, or contact us and let us schedule an 'issues discussion' presentation that will be worthwhile to you in itself. You may find just what you have been looking for to give your team the edge in getting over the finish line.